Ratings(out of 5)
Rating : 3
The first thought of the microwaveable egg poacher was pretty standard. Packaged nicely and easy to unwrap made it usable straight away. The reason why I gave the product a 3 star rating was because there were no instructions or guides on how to use it. For the price around £3-4 you can’t really go wrong with the product for a couple pieces of microwaveable plastic.
I’ve tested a variety of methods and found two method which produce nice poached eggs. As Argos homeware did not provide any instructions with the product I thought I could help others in poaching their eggs.
1. Add a little hot/boiling water to each side (if having two eggs).
2. Crack eggs into the microwaveable egg poacher
3. Pierce the yolk with a fork
4. Microwave full power for 30 seconds
5. Stand for 20 seconds
6. Use a spoon to move the egg around (so less of the egg sticks to the bottom)
7. Microwave for 10 seconds at a time until you cook the egg the way you like it.
1. Crack eggs into the microwaveable egg poacher
2. Pierce the yolk with a fork
3. Microwave full power for 1 minute
4. stand for 20 seconds
5. Microwave for 10 seconds at a time until you cook the egg the way you like it.
From the two methods I personally prefer the first. This ensures less egg sticks to the plastic and the water acts as a bath to ensure a nice even cook.